1889 WhiteGate Inn and Cottage provides luxurious and inviting accommodations. Our Asheville bed and breakfast is just minutes from the city’s historic downtown. The eleven distinctive guest rooms in the Inn, Carriage House and Bungalow honor distinguished poets. Each guest room is uniquely decorated and features a flat screen TV, DVD player, WiFi, as well as CD player. Please view our accessibility features and policies. Poetry volumes by each featured poet are included in each room. The Cottage has one bedroom and a full kitchen. This award winning Asheville, NC bed and breakfast is the closest inn to downtown and includes a 3 course breakfast each morning.
|Robert Frost Room||2||King||Claw-foot tub and shower||Four poster bed, fireplace||Check Rates|
|Emily Dickinson Suite||2||Queen||Shower||Four poster bed, fireplace, separate sitting room||Check Rates|
|Dorothy Parker Room||2||Queen||Shower||Mission-style furniture, gas fireplace||Check Rates|
|Carl Sandburg Suite||2||King||Jetted tub and European style shower||Sleigh bed, separate sitting room||Check Rates|
|Walt Whitman Garden Spa Suite||2||King||2-person Jacuzzi, 2-person steam shower||Private entrance, fireplace||Check Rates|
|Maya Angelou Suite||2||King||2-person Jacuzzi and shower||ADA compliant with a private entrance, fireplace||Check Rates|
|Ralph Waldo Emerson Suite||2||King||2-person Jacuzzi and separate shower||Featuring private entrance, canopy bed & fireplace||Check Rates|
|Elizabeth Barrett Browning Suite||2||King||Two-person Jacuzzi & separate shower with body sprays||Private entrance, canopy bed, fireplace||Check Rates|
|Guest Cottage||2||King||2-person Jacuzzi and shower||Dog friendly, private cottage, fireplace, private entrance, full kitchen, sitting room||Check Rates|
|Oscar Wilde Suite||2||King||2-person Jacuzzi and shower||Dog friendly, private entrance, living room and full kitchen||Check Rates|
|Joyce Kilmer Suite||4||King/Queen||2 person Jacuzzi and shower||Dog friendly with a private entrance, two bedrooms, full kitchen, living & dining rooms||Check Rates|
- Guests and Staff must wear masks while indoors
- Office Hours are between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Main Inn Check-in: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Check-out 11:00 a.m.
- Bungalow Check-in: 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Check-out 11:00 a.m.
- Early Check-in fee of $35
- The Joyce Kilmer Suite includes breakfast for up to 4 adults (2 bedroom occupancy)
- Two night minimum on most weekends (Friday and Saturday)
- Three night minimum on Holiday and October
- Two night minimum weekdays in October
- Corporate Rates Available
- Rooms and Suite accommodate 2 adults only
- We do not accept guests under the age of 18
- Dog friendly lodging is available, some restrictions apply.
- Rates are subject to change without notice
- We accept VISA, MasterCard. We require all reservations be secured with a credit card
- All applicable discounts and gift certificates must be redeemed at the time the reservation is made
- A plated breakfast is served in the dining room at 8:30 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. by reservation. ( We do not offer in-room Breakfast)
- The 1889 WhiteGate Inn & Cottage property is a NON-SMOKING property
Payment for scheduled spa treatments and massages at our Asheville North Carolina Inn are the responsibility of the guest unless cancelled 48 hours Prior to their appointment.
A minimum deposit of one night’s rate per room is required at the time of the reservation, for Two or more nights and special packages or events, 50% of the total is required at time of the reservation. Outstanding balances will be processed 14 days or (30 days for October and Special Events and Packages) prior to arrival on the credit card on file.
Reservations made 14 days, or (30 days for October and Special Events and Packages) less prior to arrival will be charged in full and are non-refundable. All deposits must be made by credit card (Master Card or Visa) at time of reservation. All reservations are guaranteed with a credit card.
If notification of a cancellation is received at least (14) days prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for certain special packages, events and the month of October), the deposit is refundable less a $35.00 cancellation fee per room. If notification of a cancellation or changes to a reservation are received (14) days or less prior to the arrival date (30 days notice for certain special packages, events and the month of October), the full amount of the original reservation will be charged and is non-refundable. Early departure falls within our cancellation policy. There are no refunds for early departure. We reserve the right to treat a partial cancellation as a cancellation for the entire stay. There is a $35 fee for changing a reservation. Cancellations must be made by phone.
Advance Purchase Policy:
Reservations at these discounted rates are fully prepaid, nonrefundable or changeable.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the 1889 WhiteGate Inn & Cottage you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” -John Lennon
Our Policies are in place to protect all parties. We highly recommend that our guests purchase travel Insurance when making reservations. We suggest Travel Guard as a good option.
1889 WhiteGate Inn & Cottages is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described accessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the accessible features of the hotel and the accessible rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals.
- The Maya Angelou Suite, located in the Carriage House is located on the ground floor with a private entrance. This luxurious suite features a lower mattress height for easy transfer from the wheelchair to the mattress as well as a private bath with a separate shower with body sprays as well as grab bars and wheel under access to the sink.
- Designated Handicap parking has direct ramp access to the entrance of the Maya Angelou Suite.
- Access to the main Inn is not wheelchair accessible. However, our Chef’s masterfully prepared 3-course breakfast will be delivered to the suite for those requiring wheelchair accessibility.
- Luggage assistance is available for all guests.
If you require other items please inform us prior to your arrival, and we will be happy to work with you to assure a pleasant and comfortable stay.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us 24/7 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website or with questions regarding the accessibility of various rooms.
If you plan on traveling with your pet, be sure to check out our Pet Policies.