Are you looking for a pet-friendly vacation with your furry friend? Asheville, North Carolina has the perfect pet-friendly environment for your next getaway. As many people know, Asheville is known for being a dog-friendly city.
Our great town has many pet-friendly restaurants, breweries and dog parks for you and your pup to enjoy! To make your vacation planning easier, we have compiled a list of the best pet-friendly restaurants and attractions in Asheville.
Dining and Drinks
Here are a few of our favorite pet-friendly restaurants and breweries:
- City Bakery and Café – Located on Biltmore Avenue, this downtown café features an outdoor dining patio where your furry companion is welcome.
- 12 Bones Smokehouse – Serving up delicious BBQ, both restaurant locations have an outdoor area for you and your pet to dine.
- Carmel’s Restaurant and Bar – Located in the heart of downtown, this pet-friendly restaurant features the largest outdoor dining patio in Asheville.
- Twin Leaf Brewing – This Asheville brewery offers rotating craft brews on tap and dogs are welcome inside the taproom!
- Highland Brewing Company – Asheville’s oldest brewery offers great local craft beer with a dog-friendly beer garden and outdoor bar.
Bring a leash and explore Asheville’s outdoor activities with your pup:
- West Asheville Dog Park – Located behind the Patton Avenue Company pet store, this fenced-in play yard is open for free to customers during their normal business hours.
- French Board River Park – This local park features a gazebo, wildflower garden, and a large fenced-in area for exercising your pup!
- Biltmore Estate – Pets are not allowed inside the buildings, but you can take in the beautiful grounds of the estate while walking your pup!
- Blue Ridge Parkway – Dogs are sure to enjoy the fresh mountain air and are allowed on all trails throughout the parkway.
Relax and Rejuvenate
After a day of exploring the city with your pup, head back to our pet friendly bed and breakfast in Asheville. Enjoy a soak in a Jacuzzi tub, indulge in a full body massage, or wander through the gardens with your pup. You and your furry friend are sure to enjoy your stay with us! We are animal lovers ourselves and would love to have your pets in one of our three pet-friendly rooms.
Dogs are welcome in the following rooms:
* Please call ahead for availability as pet accommodations are limited and our WhiteGate Inn Pet Policy applies.