Breakfast at WhiteGate
Come and Enjoy a delightful retreat and 3 course breakfast with us at our luxury Asheville B&B.
Peaches, Pears and Pineapples baked in a brown sugar sherry sauce
Mushroom Tarragon Souffle’
Home baked Cinnamon Maple Caramel Pecan Rolls
Early check-out Continental breakfast is available. Vegetarian and other dietary restrictions are accommodated.
: : Learn More : :
Interested in visiting the
We offer two-day tickets to the
estate for the price of a one-day admission.
: : Learn More : :
A Note to Our Guests
Ralph and I are beginning our 14th year here at the 1889 WhiteGate Inn and look forward to many more years. Over the years we have met some incredible people and have worked to make our Asheville NC Bed and Breakfast a warm and relaxing place for our guests. Our staff is just as dedicated as we are and we would like to introduce some of them to you.
Kyle Samples has been a part of our Asheville North Carolina Inn since September 2010. Originally from Mt. Sterling, Kentucky, Kyle spent the last three years at Snowshoe Mountain Ski Resort in Snowshoe, West Virginia. Kyle is also a graduate of Morehead State University, where he received his degree in Music Performance.
Rooms & Rates
1889 WhiteGate Inn and Cottage provides luxurious and inviting North Carolina bed and breakfast accommodations in Asheville, NC, just minutes from the city’s historic downtown. The eleven distinctive guest rooms in the Inn, Carriage House and Bungalow honor distinguished poets. Each guest room is uniquely decorated. Poetry volumes by each featured poet are included in each room. The Cottage has one bedroom and a full kitchen. This 4 Diamond Asheville bed and breakfast is the closest inn to downtown. A getaway to this Asheville, NC bed and breakfast is sure to be a memorable romantic escape.
Move your mouse over each room name for an overview, then click for more information and photos!
- Click to view Rate ScheduleClick to view Rate Schedule
- The Robert Frost RoomClick to for More Information
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning SuiteClick to for More Information
- Walt Whitman Garden Spa SuiteClick to for More Information
- The Maya Angelou SuiteClick to for More Information
- The Dorothy Parker RoomClick to for More Information
- The Ralph Waldo Emerson SuiteClick to for More Information
- The Emily Dickinson SuiteClick to for More Information
- The Guest CottageClick to for More Information
- Carl Sandburg SuiteClick to for More Information
- Oscar Wilde SuiteClick to for More Information
- Joyce Kilmer SuiteClick to for More Information
The Robert Frost Room
Elizabeth Barrett Browning Suite
Walt Whitman Garden Spa Suite
The Maya Angelou Suite
- King size canopy bed, stacked stone fireplace
- Fully ADA compliant room, for disabled guests
- Private entrance, rocking chair porch with views
- Refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave
- 2 person Jacuzzi tub & separated stall shower
- 40' HDLCD flat screen TV, DVD, Wifi, CD
- View More Info
- Check Availability
The Dorothy Parker Room
The Ralph Waldo Emerson Suite
The Emily Dickinson Suite
The Guest Cottage
Carl Sandburg Suite
Oscar Wilde Suite
Joyce Kilmer Suite
- 2 bedroom suite with 1 King & 1 Queen bed
- Private entrance & rocking chair porch
- Full kitchen, living room & dining room
- 2 person Jacuzzi tub with separate shower
- HDLCD flat screen TV, DVD, Wifi, CD
- Dog Friendly (see policies)
- Perfect for long term stays (Call for Special Rates)
- To reserve on line for 3-4 Adults use Promotion Code 2BR and use the "Quick Booking Search" link
- View More Info
- Check Availability
Your innkeepers, Ralph & Frank…
Ralph was a dentist with a large practice in Davidson, NC and Frank was the Manager of Ambulatory Radiology at Carolina’s Health Systems in Charlotte, NC when a trip to Asheville set them in a new direction to becoming owners of the WhiteGate Inn & Cottage and Ralph was on his way to pursuing his passion for gardening and raising orchids. Ralph is a certified master gardener who is always available to answer any questions regarding the Gardens at this historic Asheville NC Bed and Breakfast or your own personal gardens.
This luxury Asheville North Carolina Inn was the last of eight properties actually looked at for purchase. Ralph and Frank knew they had found their home when they walked through the front door. They visited on a sunny day and every room was filled with light. A wonderful solarium added in 1907 would be the perfect location for a plant collection. The yard, although in rough shape, showed potential for everything the prospective owners needed. There was a large open sunny space in the back yard perfect for the greenhouse and the 10 foot drop in elevation from the front yard to the lower side yard was perfect for a water garden with waterfalls and ponds.
Frank spent his time running this romantic Asheville B&B, helping with and supervising the complete redecorating of the Inn. Each room was completely redressed in new custom bed coverings and curtains, new kitchen cabinets were installed, rooms were painted and finishing touches, including collectable art and furniture, were added to make the Inn the home that they envisioned for themselves and their guests. Frank has worked developing the ambiance, gourmet breakfasts and hospitality that guests experience while staying at the Inn and was presented with the “Spirit of Excellence in Hospitality Award” from the Asheville Chamber of Commerce in 2002.
Recently, Frank has acquired his North Carolina real estate broker’s license and is now selling real estate/Bed and Breakfast property in North Carolina.